Browsing articles tagged with " backup"
Have you backed up your WordPress based websites already? Do you want to backup all your site just some clicks, not only the themes you use, the plugins you use, the files you have uploaded, not only the database? If you want to backup you site easily, here is the solution.
Based on our experience, we knew a backup solution would need to:
1. Completely backup database and files
2. Be convenient to create
3. Provide quick and easily restoration
4. Be trustworthy and reliable
Some of you may use the most popular free WordPress backup plugin WP-DB-Backup, and previously, so do I, also I use the free WordPress backup plugin WP-DB-Backup. WP-DB-Backup allows you easily to backup your core WordPress database tables. You may also backup other tables in the same database. Each time, after I backed up my database, then I will download the files I have uploaded, backup the theme and plugins I use. If I want to restore the site, I need to upload and restore all files one by one. Yes, it seems easy, but time consuming! How do you think. When I meet the backupbuddy, this plugin let me FREE!
Here is the main menu of the backupbuddy, just some easy settings, you can backup all you site’s files, not only the database! BackupBuddy is the all-in-one solution for backups, restoration, and migration. The single backup ZIP file created can be used with the import & migration script to quickly and easily restore your site on the same server or even migrate to a new host with different settings. Whether you’re an end user or a developer, this plugin will bring you peace of mind and added safety in the event of data loss. The goal of this premium WordPress backup pluginis keeping the backup, restoration, and migration processes easy, fast, and reliable.
Please configure the following items on the BackupBuddy Settings page before getting started:
- Email notifications – This will enable status email notifications.
- ImportBuddy & RepairBuddy passwords – This will allow you to download these scripts.
- Perform a Full Backup by clicking `Full Backup` button on the Backup page. This backs up all files in your WordPress directory (and subdirectories) as well as the database. This will capture everything from the Database Only Backup and also all files in the WordPress directory and subdirectories. This includes files such as media, plugins, themes, images, and any other files found.
- Perform a Database Backup regularly by clicking `Database Backup` button on the Backup. The database contains posts, pages, comments widget content, media titles & descriptions (but not media files), and other WordPress settings. It may be backed up more often without impacting your available storage space or server performance as much as a Full Backup.
- Local backup storage directory: /home/myhai0/public_html/dobeweb/wp-content/uploads/backupbuddy_backups/
- Upload the backup file and ImportBuddy Script (obtained on the Backup & Restore page) to the root web directory of the destination server. Do not install WordPress on the destination server. The importbuddy.php script will restore all files, including WordPress.
- Create a mySQL database on the destination server.( Tutorial Video & Instructions Here )
- Navigate to importbuddy.php script in your web browser on the destination server. If you provided an import password you will be prompted for this password before you may continue.
- Follow the importing instructions on screen. You will be asked whether you are restoring or migrating.
There is no need to setting the Backups in the future, the plugin will backup you site automatically! Keep your data in a safe place!
Make sure your WordPress site is safe and secure with BackupBuddy. There’s never been a better time than now:
As you know, the backup is very important, if you have not notice the important of backing up, you may have not suffer the loss the data! I have lost most my data of my 2 sites! Then, I will back up my wordpress date once a week or twice a month for all my websites.
Backup the websites is easy, espacially the wordpress websites.
For websites that create by wordpress, there are two main parts you should regularly backup: WordPress database and the files you upload.
and there are more you should to backup:
Your WordPress site consists of the following:
- WordPress Plugins
- WordPress Themes
- Images and Files
- Additional Files and Static Web Pages
Back up you upload images and files it’s easy, you can use FTP to download all files from your website, the default file which store your files is
All you uploaded files are stored in the “uploads” file. Inorder to backing up your files, just download the “uploads” .
Then, you should backup your wordpress database, for begainners, this is a tough work, but don’t worry, there are many ways to help you backup your database fast and easily.
The officale website have introduced many ways to back up your wordpress database, click here to view the details.
But here are 3 cool wordpress database backup plugins you may interesting in.All three are recommended, and are not listed in any particular order:
- WP-DB-Backup: Probably one of the first backup plugins. It’s been around for a while and works well. Backs up your database only.
- WordPress Backup: A newer addition to the plugin repository. The benefit here is that it will backup your data, uploads directory (images) and plugins.
- WP-DBManager: Written by Lester Chan,this backing up plugin not only backups your data, but you can schedule it to optimize your database as well. Additionally, this plugin allows DB repair, and an assortment of DB functions. Probably a good plugin to have installed even if you don’t use it for backups.
I am using the first one, the “wp-db-backup”, working well on me.Here is a post about how to using this back up plugin to backup your wordpress mysql database.
How to backup windows drivers using the freeware drive the life
Are you trying to find a “free” software that can backup all drivers on computers and that you can use them later on if needed. Yes! Here comes Drive The Life
Manage your Windows drivers with ease with Drive The Life software.Drive The Lifecan deep scan your hardware devices, detect and update the outdated drivers if available, completely backup them and restore them if necessarily. You can also uninstall the drivers completely on demand. drive the life does all of these through the easy-to-use interface and makes your system running more secure, stable and always up-to-date.But this powerful software is FREE!